Background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

HMJ--8-6-11

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…I won a ticket to Heart of the Matter's Homeschooling Conference!!!!  So super excited!
In our homeschool this week… I have to admit, I wasn't getting as excited about starting the 1st grade (and another year of K) here as I was last year.  But the Not Back To School Hop and a trip to IKEA has motivated me!  I can't wait to start digging in and getting into a new routine.  We've taken a hiatus on summer school, and I'm trying to pump the kids up about starting school on a daily basis again.  I keep giving them previews of what we're going to do, and when they beg to do it now, I tell them...no, it's for the first day of school.  Mean mommy =)
My favorite thing this week was…A family trip to IKEA!
I’m reading…I read Sarah's Key this week.  OK, I couldn't put it down and read it all in 24 hours.  Such an amazing story.
I’m cooking…no more ground turkey for awhile...I think we all had the salmonella.  I can't even describe how much that stomach pain was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment