Background

Sunday, August 7, 2011

School Room take 2



Welcome to our "school"...or at least where we PLAN on have school this year.  I planned on having school downstairs last year, but we ended up having school all over the house....on the couch in the living room, the dining room table, and outside on the porch.  This year we have a wild man to contend with:


 Anyway....we had a family trip to IKEA last week, and scored new workboxes!  Then I spent entirely too much time on my cricut making the numbers.  On top of the workboxes, are 2 bins of readers...ones to be read, and ones already conquered for Quiet Reading Time.






I worked to baby proof this room so that Nicholas could have free reign.  I have to block off the stairs, though because he is great at trying to escape.  We have a wall of mirrors, and the kids like to use it for a dry-erase board.

I found this calendar at the dollar spot at Target =)

The only thing I have left to buy is bookshelves.  I.CAN.NOT.STOP.BUYING.BOOKS.  Especially at garage sales.

Hopefully we'll have some school here this year.  I've been working on it for several days...and now my kids are begging for the first day of school!  I don't know though...I've spent so much time messing with my cricut organizing, that the rest of the house is a disaster.  I'm glad they're getting excited for school.  I can't wait to check out all the other school rooms (and nurse my bookshelf envy)

9 comments:

  1. I love your space!! The workboxes are cool!! And so is your cute calendar! Take care and Happy Homeschooling this year! Today marked our first official day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use that mirror with dry erase markers! I'm not doing this part of the hop because we have nothing special set aside for school. We sit at the table in the kitchen. I'm still rearranging stuff to make enough room just to store the curric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a half mirrored wall like that too, in our small dining room ;) Something from the 60/70's maybe? I hadn't thought to use it as a dry erase board. I do use tape or tacky to hold up our calendar and art creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love the trofast system. I have lots and lots of those. LOL

    You'll get it the way you want it. It just takes time and you're off to a good start. We just redid ours last year. It was frightening. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun space! Have a wonderful year with your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your workboxes! Very cool. And I never thought about using mirrors as dry erase boards! Oh my goodness I think you just changed my world. I can start writing "clean me" on the bathroom mirrors. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm familiar with the spent too much time _________

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wanted those IKEA workboxes too, they look so perfect for that purpose!

    ReplyDelete