Background

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth!!

We're here in Orlando and LOVING it. I promise I'll post pics soon, but I thought I'd post a few highights so far:

  • Nathan LOVED splash mountain and thunder mountain. For being such a scaredy cat about everything else...it totally shocks me that he'll ride almost anything. He can't wait to go back on Wednesday.
  • Becca LOVES the characters...today we got to eat with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie. The dinner wasn't as neat as the Sesame Street one...but she loved it just the same.
  • We spent today playing around in the resorts...we started with our dinner at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary hotel, then we rode the monorail around to some of the different hotels. We got off at the Grand Floridian, because we could see that they were showing a movie outside. We got to see most of the movie, and Nathan played in the sand on their beach. It was wonderful, and I think we're going to go back.
  • On the way back to the van, we had to ride the monorail again, so we asked the guy if we could ride up front with the driver.....and he said YES!!!! Only 4 people can ride up there at a time, so it's a really special privilege, because if someone else is up there already, you can't go. The view was amazing!!

I wish I could live here...I'm not looking forward to the cold of Central IL.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Definitely give us a call when you come back through.

    ReplyDelete