We took the kids to Barnes and Noble last night...it's a fun activity for our family. The kids can play on the train set in the children's department, and Mark and I take turns walking around the store. There's always other kids there, and this time most of them were girls. One little girl, about Nathan's age, was looking at a Disney book with all the princesses in it. At first, Nathan asked that little girl if she could give the book to his sister because she likes Cinderella. She didn't like that idea, so I distracted him and brought him back to the trains. Later, Mark found him an airplane book (from the adult area..not a kid's book) and that kept him busy for awhile. The little girl from before started showing Becca her book...it was really sweet, and then Nathan wanted to join in, so he kept following the girl with the airplane book and tried to show her the airplanes. He said, "Do you like this one?" showing her a pic, and she said, "no I don't like airplanes, I like princesses." He couldn't understand it at all, but he kept trying over and over to get her to look at the airplane book, and it was funny because the book was about as big as a dictionary, so he could barely hold it.
Here's Becca playing tea party with her doll.
No comments:
Post a Comment