In my life this week…More organizing and cleaning. I've noticed this is a recurring statement in this section, so hopefully I'll get to a place that I'm happy with the way that it is, and I can do something more fun!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We're having friends over for the weekend with less than 24 hours notice. Other than that, we've really stayed home.
My favorite things this week are…There are simple pleasures. The baby giggled at something spontaneously, without us trying to make him smile or laugh. He just saw something funny and started laughing. Priceless.
My daughter caught her first lightning bug. Nothing miraculous, at first I caught one and convinced her (this took awhile) to hold it. Once she saw it wouldn't bite, that it tickled a bit, she went after her own.
My oldest is learning to ride a bike without training wheels. He's a very anxious little boy and he has a bit of a motor skill delay, so it's taking him a long time to figure it all out. He doesn't quite have it yet, but he's getting there.
I’m cooking…Lunchables...a little salty, but otherwise good.
I’m grateful for…prayers for camp. Thanks so much everyone, we had a blast and everything worked out! My daughter loved her sleepover, the boys did fantastic at camp, and the other kids were pretty good too!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…Butterflies from a kit I got at the homeschooling convention
I laughed outloud reading what you wrote about how cleaning and organizing seemed to be a permanent fixture in the "in my life this week" section. mine too! i keep saying, it will be so worth it when all those nooks and crannies (and piles of homeschool books and papers are sorted through and organized!). this is my first stop by your lovely blog. hope you hook up at hmj some more!
ReplyDelete